Today on DelmarvaLife –
The dog days of summer are almost over, so enjoy them while you can, at the 2nd Annual Dog Days of Summer Festival!
Imagine a world without cancer. A world where loved ones didn’t have to suffer. Where all children could play instead of courageously enduring chemo. All mothers could live to hold their grandchildren, Fathers could play catch with their sons. We’re not there, yet; but, events like Relay For Life are working to get us there, while honoring those lost too soon to this insidious disease. The Chair of Relay For Life of Wicomico, Ashley Clevenger is here to tell us more. Another upcoming event is The 2021 Shorebird Metric Century, which you can check out here.
Picture this. You have the flu, or you have a sprained ankle, or something even more serious — what’s your first instinct? Make a doctor’s appointment– but then comes the dread of having to wait. Wouldn’t it be nice to have your own personal doctor available when you need him? We’re going to talk with Dr. Jonathan C. Patrowicz, a physician with years of experience who started his practice with your convenience and personally tailored health needs in mind.
We’ll run down this week’s list of “Most Wanted Monday,” and hear how your watchful eye could land you some cold, hard cash.
The Institute Of Retired Persons offers programs to enhance the lives of members by providing opportunities for social interactions, intellectual stimulation, recreation and travel and by embracing diversity.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
This ain’t your grandma’s old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma’s traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you’ve never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you’ll be dreaming about making it again and again.
What You’ll Need
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter; stir in walnuts and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until butter begins to turn brown. Add spinach, sundried tomatoes, salt, and pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Place pasta on a serving platter. Spoon walnut mixture over pasta and toss well. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.