‘Willa’s Food Pantry’ in Harrington and Tuscan White Bean Pasta Recipe
All over Delmarva, there are many in need of food and basic daily things others take for granted.
Willa Mae Woodbury runs ‘Willa’s Food Pantry’ in Harrington giving food, care products and clothing to anyone who needs it. Willa Mae has set up a small store with fresh veggies, fruit, caned goods and much more so you can just come in and pick out whatever you need.
Willa Mae not only collects food to feed families, but shows them how to prepare delicious healthy meals. Willa Mae tries help everyone she can, leaving pamphlets and cards around with her contact information. But everyone can help those in need. If you’re not sure how you can help, just give Willa’s Food Pantry a call or donate things that others could use.
Willa Mae and Chef Sharliena Berry shows Jimmy and Lisa how to make an easy but delicious Tuscan White Bean Pasta.
TUSCAN WHITE BEAN PASTA
- 8 oz. Pasta of choice
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of white bean
- 2 gloves of garlic diced
- 1/2 onion small diced
- Salt and Pepper ( to taste)
- 1/4 cup of dried or fresh parsley
- 2 tbs of Olive oil
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
- Toss in cooked diced meat of choice (Optional)
1. Cook 8 oz of pasta according to instructions on box.
Strain and set aside
2. On medium heat add olive oil garlic and onions to a medium saute pan, cook until translucent.
3. Add cherry tomatoes and cook until blistered, then add white beans. Add meat (Optional)
4. Add pasta to the pan and toss all the ingredients together.
5. Add parsley toss lightly, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer to plates or serving dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.