What’s Happening Today – Wednesday, June 30th
Today on DelmarvaLife –
What happens if pollinators go away? You can probably figure that out. so let’s avoid that from happening. Here to help with that is gardening expert Ginny Rosenkranz with the University of Maryland Extension.
Jobs are a-plenty now that so many restrictions have been lifted and people are returning to their normal lives, but there’s one everyday thing that’s still lacking: workers! And you know what they say: hard work pays off! So let Dry-Tek Environmental strap you with the tools you need to start making a good living off of that hard work.
Picture this. You have the flu, or you have a sprained ankle, or something even more serious — what’s your first instinct? Make a doctor’s appointment– but then comes the dread of having to wait. Wouldn’t it be nice to have your own personal doctor available when you need him? We’re going to talk with Dr. Jonathan C. Patrowicz, a physician with years of experience who started his practice with your convenience and personally tailored health needs in mind.
The family wants Asian food, but can’t agree on what kind. Mom wants Thai, dad wants sushi, the kids want Chinese! How can everyone agree? The answer lies in OC Chopsticks. Located in West OC, the new restaurant is what the owner calls a “fusion” of all three.
The return of music on the Mid South Audio stage! Old Bay Smith Island Cake! Girl power on the radio and in Historic Studio D! Yeah, there’s been a lot of good this past month. Here’s a bit more of, in this round of “All That Is Good.”
Pack a picnic, grab a blanket or chair and get ready to dance the night away. The Delaware State Parks Summer Concert Series is in full swing! We’re jazzing out on the Mid South Audio stage today with a preview from Diamond Swing Jazz!
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Our Taco Potato Salad is a new take on an old-summer classic. It’s got a Tex-Mex twist, with all your favorite taco tastes, like black olives and tortilla chips! The editors at the Test Kitchen loved this, and we bet your family will too! So the next time you’re grillin’ up burgers or hot dogs, change it up with our scrumptious potato salad recipe!
What You’ll Need
- 3 pounds white potatoes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups coarsely crushed ranch-flavored tortilla chips
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and taco seasoning; mix well.
- Cut potatoes into ½-inch chunks and place in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture and remaining ingredients to potatoes and mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.