What’s Happening Today – Wednesday, June 23rd
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’ll bring you the story of Delaware Burn Camp, a place where young people who have suffered from severe burn injuries can enjoy summer fun, while healing emotionally and physically.
We’ll visit Weeping Willows Kennel to check out all of the pup-grades they’ve been waiting to show us, and how they’ve been doing since the pandemic.
We’ll talk to the Community Players of Salisbury about their upcoming production of Tennessee Williams’ “A Streetcar Named Desire”!
Jimmy Charles is here! Not only will we get the details on his ALS benefit concert in July–he’s going to perform for us, right here on the Mid-south Audio Stage!
You can order tickets at https://younique-nashville.ticketleap.com/beatals/ All proceeds will go to The ALS Association and local Chapters.
When you’re eating a meal, it’s one thing to taste delectable flavors – it’s another thing to taste the love that went into making that food. At Stop N’ Go Taco in Rehoboth Beach, you get both.
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook ’em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now’s the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It’s got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill ’em, serve ’em, and devour ’em!
What You’ll Need
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
What to Do
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and boil 5 minutes or until sprouts are bright green, yet tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 cups water, the vinegar, and salt; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until salt dissolves. Remove from heat and add garlic, black peppercorns, mustard seeds, and crushed red pepper. Pour vinegar mixture over Brussels sprouts and set aside to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.