What’s Happening Today – Tuesday, June 15th
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Stephanie Fowler of Fenwick Island received the Sophie Kerr Prize in 2001. She joins us to talk about her latest award, a bronze medal in the 2021 Independent Book Publishers Award in the True Crime Category with her book, “Chasing Alice.”
Photographers will be celebrated and competing in the Ward Museum Photo Festival. Executive Director of the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, Salisbury University, Dr. Kristin Sullivan and Events Director, Kristie Clattenburg join us to talk about the event.
The All Wheels Open Class Car Show is this weekend at the Delaware State Fairgrounds. We hear from the crew that’s making it happen.
Father’s Day is Sunday. We visit the Shrimp Boat demo kitchen to see how you can put together a seafood boil for dad, or how you can have the dish prepared for him at the West Ocean City restaurant.
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bite and you’ll know what we mean! This is a welcome change of pace when it comes to summertime dining.
What You’ll Need
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce; toss until evenly coated.
- In a large bowl, place lettuce; top with chicken, tomato, corn, black beans, onion, and cheese. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to combine.
- Top with tortilla strips, and serve immediately.
Before You Start Cooking!
- If you would like, you can use chicken from a cooked rotisserie chicken or you can cook your own..that is up to you!
- If you’re looking for more ways to use that rotisserie chicken check out our Quick and Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes!
- Want more great salad recipes? We’ve got a great variety in our Divine Deli Salad Recipes collection. One of these is sure to be your new favorite!
- If you liked this recipe, we know you’d love our Berry Grape Chicken Salad. It’s our twist on a classic and you’re going to want it again and again.