What’s Happening Today – Thursday, July 1st
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Bust out the rubber duckies – because the Berlin Bathtub Race is back! That’s right — after a year off, Berlin’s iconic event is taking place next Friday.
Starting a business is not always easy. It takes hard work, dedication, and money. With a family business, the stakes can be higher. so, how do you get it right? For one family-owned business in Salisbury, the answer became abundantly clear the very day they opened their doors for the first time. And now, That* Furniture Store is not only surviving, it’s thriving.
Whether you are buying or selling, you want to be sure you have someone helping you navigate through the process to keep it as smooth and pain free as possible — like Robin Palumbo Thompson and Stacie Whaley of the Robin Thompson Team of Berkshire Hathaway Gallo Realty in Lewes.
There’s still time to sign up for summer camp at Mitchell’s Martial Arts in Salisbury. Karate is just one of many activities they’ll get to do throughout the weeks! DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli tells us more.
Red. White. Boom! Fireworks season is here and it’s a good one. That’s because the annual “Red, White, and Boom!” is back.
We’re having a whole lot of fun helping Delaware State Parks promote their Summer Concert Series; and, tomorrow evening, the Honey Badgers will be at Killens Pond State Park for a free show. But first, they’re performing right here on the Mid South Audio Stage!
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Our Shrimp Mac ‘n’ Cheese is a seaside version of that classic comfort dish. The shrimp gives it an added flavor of summer, but this creamy, dreamy mac and cheese recipe is perfect all year round. One bite, and we know this is going to be your new favorite. It’s an all new mac and cheese dinner sensation that you’ll want again and again.
When it comes to comfort food, you can’t beat a good seafood mac and cheese recipe. This is one delivers! Using both cheddar and mozzarella, tasty shrimp, and a buttery cracker topping, you will be in heaven as soon as you start eating. To learn how to make this shrimp mac, simply watch the video and follow along with the easy directions below.
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound pasta shells
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed butter crackers
- 1 pound cooked and peeled medium-sized shrimp
Shrimp Mac and Cheese Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large soup pot, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper, and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheese until melted.
- When sauce is smooth, remove from heat, add cooked pasta, shrimp and mozzarella cheese and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed butter crackers with remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter; sprinkle on top of the casserole. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until heated through and the top is golden. Serve.