What’s Happening Today – September 30, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
They’re packing a lot into the Chesapeake Film Festival. The root of it is incredible talent, so much of it from local filmmakers. We get a preview.
It’s Throwback Thursday. Author, Jim Duffy of Secrets of the Eastern Shore has the story of Jake the alligator who lived on Main Street, in Berlin.
Natural products that work. That’s what Renee Lemasney tells us about her line of skincare products from Remarle LLC
We are in the DelmarvaLife kitchen with Barb Graziosi of the The Sons and Daughters of Italy making meatballs ahead of the Festa Piccola in Ocean City.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Everyone loves a tasty brisket, but we think it’s even better when it’s ready in half the time! Made with our homemade blend of spices, this Cowboy Brisket is going to be a melt-in-your-mouth dinner favorite you can’t get enough of. Whether you serve this up in a sandwich roll or just as is, this is an instantly delicious way to chow down.
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
- Place a trivet or foil collar in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Rub mixture over brisket and place fat side up on the trivet in the pressure cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, 1 cup water, the ketchup, and liquid smoke, if desired; pour over brisket. Lay onion slices on top of meat.
- Securely lock lid; set pressure cooker to cook 50 to 55 minutes. Perform a natural release. Be careful when opening the top as the steam will be hot. Place brisket on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons water. Set on simmer or heat setting. Stir mixture into pressure cooker and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Slice brisket across the grain and serve sauce over brisket.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- How about picking up some Ciabatta rolls and piling on some sliced brisket to make a delicious Texas-sized brisket sandwich!
- For more fantastic brisket recipes try our Crowd-Pleasing Brisket, or our Honey Dijon Brisket.
- We love these tasty beef recipes. Try our 5-Minute Beef Stir Fry, our 30-Minute Beef Stroganoff, or our Bacon-Barbecue Joe!