What’s Happening Today – September 29, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We talk diabetes. Tracking blood sugar levels is as easy as looking at your smart phone. We talk with a local father, who is also a pharmacist at Apple Discount Drugs, who says continuous glucose monitoring of his daughter is a game changer for his family.
It’s starting to be that time of the year when you can feel the nip in the air. Gardening Expert, Ginny Rosenkranz with the University of Maryland Extension joins us to talk autumn flowers.
Singer/Songwriter, Bryan Russo performs on the Mid South Audio stage ahead of Songwriters in the Round. The event features live music and interviews with local artists Kentavius Jones, Anna Burgess, and Bryan Russo.
Are you on a mission to understand Medicare? We try to help clear up some of the confusion ahead of open enrollment with Kristen Tune, of Loyatly Benefit Group.
We introduce you to the crew that has you covered if you’re looking for new floors. When you step through the door at Seafloor Carpet Hardwood and More, in Ocean Pines, you meet a team that also thrives on giving back.
From Hot Topics:
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats, dried cranberries, and walnuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls one inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Check This Out!
- For more fantastic cranberry recipes, try our ruby red Cranberry Sauce, our Cranberry Swirl Cake, or our Orange Cranberry Dessert Sauce.
- We love oatmeal! You will too when you try our Amish Molasses Oatmeal Pie, our Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars, or our Overnight Cookie Dough Oatmeal.
- These cookie recipes are some of our favorites. Make our Lemon Meringue Cookies, our Maui Chocolate Chip Cookies, and our Soft Peanut Butter Cookies for something wonderful!