What’s Happening Today – September 28, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife
We hear a lot about the COVID vaccine these days. Today, we focus on the flu vaccine with TidalHealth‘s director of Community Health Initiatives.
We have a VIP in the house. K9 Hurricane is a retired secret service dog. Hurricane and his handler are on the lineup for a fundraising event to benefit US Kennels. We meet Hurricane and his handler and learn about Paws for a Cause: Canine Demonstrations to Support U.S. Kennels put on my the Hogs and Heroes Foundation and Kinetic Dog Food.
The Apple Scrapple Festival is coming up. The festival’s executive chair joins us to talk about the popular event.
Helping you live a life you love. That’s the mission of Acadia Counseling and Wellness. We learn about the center that’s relatively new to the town of Berlin.
DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli stops by Dover/Milford Jazzercise to see why this decades-old exercise dance class is still wildly popular.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Honey Lemon Chicken
Looking for a way to keep the kitchen clean while making a fantastic dinner? Our Honey Lemon Chicken is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and mess free! Whip this recipe up anytime, and taste the southern hospitality as friends and family devour this delicious sticky chicken! It’ll be come a fast fave you’ll want to serve up at least once a week!
What You’ll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, place 1 stick melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the honey, and lemon juice; mix well and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well. Dip chicken in flour mixture, coating completely. Place coated chicken into baking dish with butter, coating completely on both sides. Place skin side down in baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes then remove from oven and turn chicken over. Spoon honey mixture over chicken, then bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Spoon pan drippings over the chicken and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip
- Feel free to make this with all drumsticks, or wings or…you get the idea. And once you taste this, you’ll truly appreciate that this can be served for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or dress it up with some sliced lemons and it’s perfect for when you invite your extended family over. Everyone likes this; as for everyone liking your extended family, that is always iffy.
- Pair our Honey Lemon Chicken with Grandma’s Country Mashed Potatoes and our Southern Green Bean Casserole for a complete Southern experience!
- We love cooking with honey! Try out our Orange Honey Dressing, our Asian Honey Garlic Chicken, or our famous Bee Sting Cake.