What’s Happening Today – September 28, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife
In just a few short days, we will be seeing goodbye to September. But before we do – we want to recognize that this month is World Alzheimer’s Month. Being well informed can help you better care for your loved ones. It’s also important to know the difference between Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Brightstar Care not only works to serve those in need of assistance, but also has a mission to raise awareness about the different diseases. Katie learns more.
Are you going to answer the call? The call to clean up the bays and help our friends in the water? We talk with Outreach and Development with The Maryland Coastal Bays, Sandi Smith about the “Marine Debris Plunder.”
Calling all nature lovers – fall migration is here. What does fall migration mean? A show in the sky! With talk with Co-Organizer, Dave Wilson about the second annual “Okto-Bird-Fest.”
It’s Most Wanted Monday and Lieutenant Tim Robinson of the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office is back! He’s asking for your assistance in locating some individuals. If you call in your tip and it leads to an arrest, you will get a cash reward. Please call Crime Solvers, (410) 548-1776.
Once referred to as “The DelmarvaLife Stage”…now The Mid South Audio Stage. Oh, how far it has come in these past few years. And when the time is right, we can’t wait to welcome them back with open arms. So, we’re taking you back to the beginning. The beginning of the Mid South Audio Stage that is. It’s todays, “Monday Memory.”
We showed you Mid South Audio in the beginning (well, the DelmarvaLife part of it), now it’s time to show you the new and improved Mid South Audio. The day has come. The wait is over. The ribbon’s been cut. 20,000 square feet of a state-of-the-art showroom and studio. A truly incredible feat. 102-5 WBOC’s Corey Phoebus takes us on a tour.
Celebrate Oktoberfest with an old world meal! Oktoberfest Patties go great with some potatoes and a stein full of beer! Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (12-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, caraway seed, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well and form into 6 equal patties.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish; coat patties evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; cook patties 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until no pink remains. Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Place gravy and mushrooms in the skillet and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to soften. Spoon over patties and serve immediately.