What’s Happening Today – September 27, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Cobwebs around the house this time of the year can actually pull double duty. On the one hand, they make for great Halloween decorations, but they can also signal a problem at home. Find out why those cobwebs may actually serve as a red flag when it comes to issues that can impact your energy bill when we talk to the folks at Delaware Electric Cooperative.
We’re helping you step up your game when it comes to picture-perfect peace with a water feature from Hydrozen Waterscapes.
We drop by JoJo’s in Salisbury to see their culinary cornucopia of choices on the menu.
Captain Tim Robinsons of the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office shows us six people who are wanted by law enforcement in today’s Most Wanted Monday.
We gear up for this weekend’s Shore Living Expo by visiting some of our favorite moments from past events in today’s Monday Memories.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Hearty Chicken and Corn Soup
The kids are back in school and there’s a slight chill in the air; how about something warm and comforting for dinner? Our Hearty Chicken & Corn Soup is going to warm up your kitchen and the hearts of everyone gathered around the kitchen table. There’s nothing better than a creamy soup studded with corn, spinach, potatoes, and tender chicken. This is hearty and comforting at its best.
What You’ll Need
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 (14-3/4-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; sauté onion and carrots 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- This is a great way to use up your leftover rotisserie chicken; turn it into another weeknight meal that’s as comforting as it is tasty!
- If you’re craving more amazing soup recipes, try our Copycat Autumn Squash Soup, our Leftover Ham Bone Soup, or our classic New England Clam Chowder.
- Looking for something fantastic to serve with this delicious soup recipe? We suggest our Parmesan Onion Board!