What’s Happening Today – September 24, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We learn about the Tri-County Bird Club and find out how the group works to grow your bird-watching hobby.
Today’s Pet Connect has some snuggly friends who would want nothing more than to become a member of your family.
Owning a successful business is not just about supply and demand or the bottom line. For one local business owner, it takes heart. We meet the family that owns Rock Bottom Paving.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches
If you’ve been known to get a little messy at the dinner table, then we’ve got a meal that’s just right for you! Try our Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches for a hearty, saucy, and totally delicious way to take a trip down memory lane. Plus, the frozen meatballs are a great shortcut! This way dinner will be fantastic and ready in half the time.
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (24-ounce) can Sloppy Joe sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound frozen cocktail-sized cooked meatballs, cut in half
- 5 hard rolls, split
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add sauce, brown sugar, and water; mix well. Add meatballs to skillet; cook covered 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- If desired, toast the rolls; spoon on the meatballs and sauce.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Just so you know, we’ve tested this with turkey meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, and even meatballs with sausage mixed in, and all got great reviews.
- No need to mix and form your own meatballs! Look for the cooked and frozen variety in your supermarket. The package usually comes with 30 to 32 meatballs per pound.
- For more meatball recipes, try our Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs, our Meatball Street Tacos, or our Potluck Spaghetti & Meatballs!