What’s Happening Today – September 21, 2020
We have details on a first-of-its-kind event in Ocean City. Mayor Rick Meehan is inviting all bicyclists to participate in the first ever Mayor’s Bike Ride event. The Mayor’s Bike Ride is to encourage biking in Ocean City and to provide awareness on the Town’s goal to become recognized as a Bicycle Friendly Community (BFC) through the League of American Bicyclists (LAB).
New coffee flavors are coming to Every Fiber Coffee in Seaford. Owner Alan Cranston gives us a preview, plus talks about some exciting dinner options. That’s right, you can now get dinner at a coffee shop.
It’s Most Wanted Monday. We check in with Lt. Tim Robinson of the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office to see who is on the run and how you can collect an award for providing information on these fugitives.
Today’s Monday Memory features a familiar face who shares stories from all over Delmarva. Today, we share Charles Paparella’s story.
The Mispillion Art League is devoting the entire month of October to “The Big Draw Festival Delaware.” Find out how the entire family can get involved in the fun and creative activities.
DelmarvaLife’s Jimmy Hoppa is in the running for Favorite TV Personality in the APG Chesapeake Reader Approved Contest.
It’s time for local non-profit organizations to apply for funds through the WBOC Bless Our Children Campaign. The deadline is November 1st.
Pork with Apples and Bacon
Calling all bacon lovers! This recipe is for you. You’ll be slow cookin’ up a storm when you make our Pork with Apples and Bacon tonight. This hot and hearty dish has the right amount of sweetness with a touch of saltiness that we know you’re gonna love!
What You’ll Need
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (3-pound) pork butt or pork shoulder
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- In a large skillet over meduim heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside. Add pork to hot drippings and cook about 7 minutes, turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
- Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine crumbled bacon, onions, apples, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in slow cooker; place pork on top of mixture. Pour broth and vinegar over pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender.