What’s Happening Today – September 2, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
If Wells Dodson doesn’t put a smile on your face, we honestly don’t know what it will take. This sweet boy, from Easton, will soon be thrust into the spotlight in Times Square – for all of the world to see. Today, we talk with Wells along with Mom, Amy, to find out more about the important message behind the campaign.
We introduce to the newly renovated PRMC – TidalHealth. It’s a behemoth of a health system that will focus on less duplication and more collaboration. That’s exactly what you want when it comes to your health, right? Today, we talk with President and CEO, Steve Leonard, about what this re branding means for the patient.
Rocks painted purple with healing messages. The “River of Hope” is planted outside of the Atlantic Club in Ocean City. A powerful reminder to the community that addiction is not where stories have to end. This is example of just one of the many ways the organization “Worcester Goes Purple” is active in the area. In this week’s, “Wellness Wednesday”, Katie learns more about this important effort.
We’re one step closer in “getting back to normal” as movie theaters in Maryland will start opening at limited capacity. Many of us are itching to get back into a theater, big bag of popcorn in hand, to view some of the best films of 2020. Here’s the thing – not all films are being released in theaters. But, you can still view the best at this years, Chesapeake Film Festival. We talk with Cid Collins Walker, Festival Director and Sandy Cannon-Brown, Vice President, about how this years virtual festival will work.
We’re listening to a powerful voice that is offering a challenge for the world – “Heal the Land.” We talk with Stephen Boyd, Singer/Songwriter behind the masterpiece about his love for music and the message behind the title. Stephen also performs for us.
Bored of dry, baked chicken? But, love potato chips? We’ve got a recipe that will enhance your taste buds and combine some of your favorite things. Barbecue Chip Chicken adds a little crunch and tangy flavor to juicy chicken! Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) bag barbecue-flavored potato chips, crushed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine dressing, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper; mix well. Place crushed potato chips in another shallow dish. Dip chicken into dressing mixture then into crushed potato chips, coating completely; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Check This Out!
- To make it easier to dip our Barbecue Chip Chicken in our favorite dipping sauces, we cut the chicken into long strips and turn them into chicken fingers. (By the way, we think this recipe pairs great with our homemade ranch dressing.)