What’s Happening Today – September 17, 2020
We direct the focus to your feet. If you’ve spent a good amount of time barefoot outside this summer, it can be as harmful as it is heavenly. We consult out friends at Thomas Podiatry and Associates to find out the common concerns when it comes to summertime and your foot health.
Estate planning is a process that many people find difficult and confusing, but it doesn’t have to be. We speak with Kelly Gelof of Tunnell & Raysor, P.A. who says it’s never too soon to start planning.
We’re all battling different challenges as we continue to live through the pandemic, and those in recovery aren’t immune. Fortunately, Hudson Behavioral Health is open for those who need a residential facility. We talk with the clinical director to find out how they not only support people in recovery, but their families as well.
The dog days of summer might be over, but there’s still plenty of time to enjoy Delmarva’s beautiful beaches. And if you’ve never driven on the beach, you might be missing out! We learn from our friends at Gateway Subaru why a Subaru is a great choice to take out on the sand.
Delmarva’s fox squirrel population just got quite the boost. The charismatic squirrel was once endangered and is now recovered. We get the details from the Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife.
They’re fierce, friendly, and the newest members of the fuzz in Talbot County. We find out what led the Sheriff’s Office to add Buc and Chief to the K9 squad.
We have a meal that is kid approved! Never order out chicken tenders again with our recipe for The Best Chicken Tenders Ever. The secret lies in the batter. A crunchy, crispy coating dipped into homemade honey mustard, you have a delicious, irresistible meal. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour, divided
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 3 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, chicken broth, milk, onion powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Whisk in 1 cup self-rising flour until batter is smooth.
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot, about 350 degrees F. Place remaining 1/2 cup flour in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in flour, coating completely, then into batter, coating on all sides. Cook chicken in batches 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden and no longer pink in center. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
The city of Salisbury is looking to become the first bird city Maryland on the Eastern Shore. Part of the process is selecting the official bird of Salisbury. Help out by voting! To vote, click here.