What’s Happening Today – September 10, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We reflect on September 11th, a day that changed our country forever, twenty years ago.
Noah Milad kicks off the show with his amazing voice, which we first heard on the show back in 2019 when he was a freshman at Salisbury Christian School.
Jimmy sits down with a firefighter who was there when the north tower of the World Trade Center collapsed.
It’s the intersection of the past and the present. Located on the grounds of the historic Governor Ross Mansion, the Ross Station Event Center in Seaford is an idyllic setting for weddings, parties, or other celebrations.
There’s nothing quite like getting lost in the pages of a good book. It’s even better when that book helps you learn something you might not have known before. How many times when you’re reading do you think, “I’ve got questions for this author!” The History Book Festival in Lewes gives readers that opportunity.
The Maxima Hispanic Festival returns to Georgetown! We’ll have the details on this celebration of all things, including heritage, music, and food!
We have a few dogs and cats sniffing out a new place to call home. We’ll get a look at them in today’s Pet Connect.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
This traditional Jewish dish is sometimes called noodle pudding, but it’s best known as noodle kugel! This recipe comes from Howard’s Grandma Rose, so you know it’s going to be something delicious and special! Grandma Rose’s Best Ever Noodle Pudding is sure to be a sweet addition to any menu; with its unique flavors and rich heritage, you can’t go wrong!
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound medium egg noodles
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16-ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 9 cinnamon graham crackers, coarsely crushed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and return hot noodles to pot. DO NOT RINSE! Add butter and cream cheese to noodles and stir until melted.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, sour cream and cottage cheese; stir until well combined. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven; top with crushed graham crackers, and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.