What’s Happening Today – October 6, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
The Ocean City Museum Society will have its annual self-guided Historic House Tour this Sunday, October 10th. The tour begins at the Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum, where you can pick up your tour booklet and map of all locations and information regarding each property. A fun way to learn more about the beach resort, and visit some of Ocean City’s oldest homes, churches, and establishments! Click here for more info and to register.
The 2021 Big Draw Festival DE runs throuh the month of October! This years’ theme is “Make the Change”, a creative call for action building on last year’s theme which focused on the environmental crisis. The theme is about activism and sustainable living.
The recent social media outage may have you thinking about cyber security. We are too. Melissa Wright, Salisbury Branch Manager of Provident State Bank talks with us about how to protect our hard earned money.
If you live with chronic issues such as pain or anxiety, you’ve probably heard claims that CBD, or cannabidiol can help. Whether it does, or doesn’t, we can’t say because it is not regulated by the FDA. That hasn’t stopped people from taking it for a variety of issues. We caught up with a few familiar faces who use Canna Persona CBD to hear what they have to say.
The robotics program at TidalHealth is expanding. Jimmy sits down with Dr. Kurt Wehberg to learn more.
Chef Jesus Gordiany of Benvenuto in Milford is in the DelmarvaLife kitchen. He’s showing us how to make a rack of lamb with autumn couscous. We also learn how to pair it with a cocktail or wine. This is one of the dishes you can have at Midnight at the Masquerade.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Greek Isle Roasted Chicken
If you love your air fryer, but don’t know what to use it for other than crispy French fries, then you’re in luck! Our Greek Isles “Roasted” Chicken is a fantastic air fryer recipe that comes together in a flash and tastes like a vacation. Just toss together the flavors of Greece into your trusty air fryer and get ready for a flavor paradise. Who knew air fryers could be a part of fine dining? We did!
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained well
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place chicken in basket. Air fry 17 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Serve topped with sliced olives and crumbled feta.
Just a Suggestion:
- Round out your meal by serving this over orzo tossed with some olive oil, chopped parsley, and a bit of salt and pepper. Simple and tasty!
- For more fun with Greek cooking, try our Mediterranean Ravioli with Feta, our Quick-as-a-Wink Green Chicken, or our Spinach Feta Scramble.
- And if you’re craving more international favorites, try our Anytime Poutine, our Easy Butter Chicken, or our German Pancakes!