Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’re celebrating Halloween with a mystery. See how Scooby and the gang help us solve the mystery of the stolen mug.
We also have a team that gives back to the community. The Eastern Shore Ghostbusters visit DelmarvaLife.
You can’t have Halloween without ghost stories. We hear about stories written by local authors from David Yurkovich with Devil’s Party Press.
Nutritionist, Kelly Williams is in the DelmarvaLife Kitchen showing us how to make Pumpkin Energy Balls.
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats, ground in food processor if desired
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Melt peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl (approx. 30 sec.)
In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, pumpkin, and maple syrup.
Add in oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well.
Using a small spoon or scoop, roll into balls.
Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, or until firm.
- Optional: roll pumpkin balls in shredded coconut, chopped nuts, raisins or cocoa powder if desired.
- Pumpkin Pie Bites will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Who could have guessed that one of the most delicious parts of the pumpkin was the seeds! All everyone talks about is pumpkin pie, but have you tried roasted pumpkin seeds? If not, you need to make our recipe for Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. It’s simple, fast, and out-of-this-world tasty. Besides, if you don’t like spicy, there’s always a sweet option. The possibilities are endless and Howard’s here to show you how!
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with melted butter. Add remaining ingredients and mix well until evenly coated. Spread seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes or until seeds are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- When it comes to the options, have a ball. Wanna make these sweeter, skip the garlic, cayenne pepper and chili and replace it with a mixture of cinnamon sugar. There are no rules so have fun and share with us your favorites.
- Need a little extra help? Check out this helpful video on How To Roast Pumpkin Seeds.
- For more fun with pumpkin, try our Caramel Peanut Pumpkin Pie, our Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake, or our Perfect Pumpkin Cobbler!
- We’ve got a few fall-favorites we think you’ll love at dinnertime. Try our Orchard Stuffed Pork Loin, our Copycat Autumn Squash Soup, or our Apple Glazed Chicken.