What’s Happening Today – October 27th
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Breast cancer treatments are not easy, but help to heal at home is available with Peninsula Home Care. We hear from a home health nurse who says that, especially during the pandemic, she’s seeing better outcomes from patients who are able to heal at home.
Halloween is this weekend. It’s also when we set our clocks back one hour to end Daylight Saving Time. We get a useful reminder from AAA Mid Atlantic of why this weekend can an especially dangerous one on the roads.
We take the Halloween celebrations to the next level with some spooky snacks. Chef Jackie Rothong joins us, on behalf of the American Dairy Association North East, to help with our monstrous menu.
There are two new residents at the Delmarva Discovery Museum in Pocomoke City. We meet Pegasus and Sea Sea and learn about why this seahorse couple is a match made in heaven.
We’re so crazy about carrots we like to use ’em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, ’cause it’s crazy easy, crazy good, and there’s not a person who tries ’em who isn’t crazy about ’em afterwards!
What You’ll Need
- 4 cups (about 2 pounds) shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Coat a griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Ladle 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto hot griddle and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until pancakes are cooked in center and golden brown. Remove to a platter and repeat until all batter is used. Serve warm.
If you enjoy the sweet taste and crunch of carrots as much as we do, we recommend you try our Carrot Waldorf Salad. And check out our website for lots of other options.