Today on DelmarvaLife –
We are coming up on 80 years since the attack on Pearl Harbor and the beginning of the United States’ involvement in World War II. We visit the Fort Miles Museum, in Sussex County to see a new exhibit that displays a piece of Pearl Harbor history while telling the story of Delawareans who were at the base the day of the attack.
Clothing the children of Sussex County since 2011. We learn about a life-changing organization, Clothing Our Kids, that started when one woman noticed a local student in need.
It’s oyster season, and at Suicide Bridge Restaurant in Hurlock, that’s reason to celebrate. We’ll show you some of their seasonal creations.
102.5 WBOC’s Leah Rizzo makes a stop at JZ Farms in time to roll out all the fall fun festivities in Caroline County.
We meet a fresh new face at Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates, in Salisbury. Dr. Scott Gelman specializes in knees and hips. We learn why he is excited to have his family call Delmarva, home.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
My Tailgating Chili
The secret’s out! Chili is one of Howard’s favorite things. We can’t blame him; a hot, savory, meaty way to enjoy the big game always sounds good to us. The recipe for My Tailgating Chili comes right from the kitchen of the big man himself, and now you get to make it at home for all your family and friends. “Tailgating” has never been so delicious!
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and sausage 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, breaking apart with a spoon. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer over low heat at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Check This Out!
- For more fun in the game day parking lot, check out our All-American Tailgate Menu!
- Every sports fan throwing a party needs our collection of Game Day Desserts, and our collection of Game Day Dips!
- Want more appetizers? Try our Crispy Honey Mustard Wings, our Dogs ‘n’ Hogs, or one of these fantastic Finger Foods for Game Day.