What’s Happening Today – October 21, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups yellow self-rising cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus extra for cooking
- Honey for garnish
- Melted butter for garnish
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, water, and 2 tablespoons oil until combined.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil, then pour 1/8 cup batter per pancake on griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on top of each pancake. Flip pancakes and cook 1 more minute, or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed. Drizzle with honey and butter before serving.