What’s Happening Today – October 20, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
COVID-19 may changing the way we celebrate this holiday season but, one thing remains – the need for help to provide food on the table. The Food Bank of Delaware is getting creative in the way they fill that need. Community Relations Director, Chad Robinson, explains.
When it comes to assisted living facilities – there are big benefits from choosing small. Residents at Delmar Assisted Living are known by name and cared for individually, which allows them to have the best days possible while putting family members at ease.
Bat populations are currently declining at unprecedented rates. So, what can you do to boost the population back up? We talk with Chandler Joiner, Environmental Educator with The Maryland Coastal Bays about a Bat Box Bash.
We think this next segment is the bees knees. It’s certainly going to BEE amazing! We’re checking in with our Bee Expert, Jim Leether to find out how our little buddies are holding up this fall.
We’re making food with fall flair. Chef Hari Cameron is leading the charge as he show us his take on rice, grits and fall mushrooms.
A dessert so classic it’s worthy of being on the White House menu. Good news, you don’t have to be a president to enjoy White House Strawberries Romanoff. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
What to Do
- In a shallow bowl, combine strawberries, liqueur, and granulated sugar; mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until slightly thickened (not stiff).
- Place ice cream scoops in individual dishes, top with strawberry mixture, then spoon cream mixture on top.