What’s Happening Today – October 16, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Like many other farming operations on Delmarva, Evans Farms has had to evolve and diversify over the years. And thanks to a little help from Shark Tank’s Lori Greniere, the farmsor is becoming even more successful. Lisa sits down with Katey Jo Evans to find out a little more about The Frozen Farmer.
It’s a heartbreak that shatters your soul – losing your beloved buddy, man’s best friend. I don’t think we truly get over it, but there’s support out there to help us navigate the sadness. We talk with Patty Quimby, Executive Director of Talbot Humane in Easton, about a Pet Loss Support Group.
Pet loss is tough because of the joys our animals bring. And if you’re looking to find joy, we’ve got you covered. We’re introducing you to some sweet faces and sharing their touching stories in today’s Pet Connect.
It’s incredibly special to watch someone’s dream come true. Herl’s Bath and Home Solutions is fulfilling that wish with a dream bathroom giveaway. Katie is in Salisbury to find out who’s getting a brand new bathroom!
In the nine years this show has been on the air, we’ve had thousands of moments that have made us smile and hopefully, have made you smile too. We’re revisiting some of the standouts from this week in todays “All That is Good.”
Inspired by food trucks, Sassy Chicken Street Tacos are anything but ordinary. Bursting with flavor, these tacos will have you smiling with every bite. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks, with 1/4 cup reserved for garnish
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion plus extra for garnish
- 4 cups cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 (4-inch) soft corn tortillas
- Goat cheese crumbles for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
What to Do
- In a blender, combine pineapple, chipotle pepper, lime juice, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Blend until mixture is smooth, then pour mixture into large skillet. Stir in beer and 1/4 cup onion.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until hot. Stir in chicken and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Evenly divide chicken mixture into tortillas and garnish with reserved pineapple, onion, goat cheese, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Just a reminder: there’s still time to nominate that person in your life who, you think, deserves a new, free roof. Nominations for Spicer Bros. Construction’s Delmarva’s Neediest Roof Contest are open through October 30th.