What’s Happening Today – October 14, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’re all looking for that fountain of youth and, although you can’t age backwards, you can get younger-looking skin. We learn about a treatment called, Diamond Glow offered at Coastal Aesthetics and Wellness.
In today’s Throwback Thursday, Jim Duffy, of Secrets of the Eastern Shore tells about some mosquito wars that took place on Delmarva.
Get a clean car and some creepy vibes, just in time for Halloween. Katie takes us to Zoom Car Wash in Salisbury to check out the haunted car wash.
When it comes to combatting COVID-19, air purifiers are an amazing resource. We stop by Aerus Electrolux in Salisbury to learn about a few different models.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Mostaccioli and Sausage Toss
This fancy noodle is a fun way to change up everyone’s favorite Italian dinner! When the family is gathered around the table to eat our Mostaccioli and Sausage Toss, make sure they have a bib and a hearty napkin. The saucy perfection of this easy pasta recipe is filled with flavor that’s sure to make everyone feel warm and welcome, no matter how messy their grin gets!
What You’ll Need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds hot or sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Mostaccioli pasta
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook sausage until browned, turning occasionally. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sausage mixture. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- Are you thinking, what the heck is Mostaccioli? It’s a shape of pasta that is similar to penne and it originated in Southern Italy. Penne are ribbed and tube-shaped with angled ends cut to resemble a quill or the point of a pen. Mostaccioli are smooth in texture and are perfect when served with a hearty sauce.
- For more delicious pasta recipes, try our Farmhouse Baked Ziti, or these Italian Cheese Dumplings.
- No Italian dinner would be complete without our Three Cheese Garlic Bread.
- For more sausage recipes, give our Country Sausage Soup a try! And our Sausage Sheet Pan Supper is always a crowd favorite.