What’s Happening Today – Oct. 30, 2017
Today on DelmarvaLife:
It’s National Candy Corn Day! People either love it or hate it, but today we’re using it to make a candy corn fondue. 102.5 WBOC’s Corey Phoebus joins us in the DelmarvaLife kitchen to show us how to make slow cooker candy corn fondue and candy corn milkshakes.
- 1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Quart Orange Sherbet
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Black, Yellow & Orange Sprinkles
- Let your vanilla ice cream soften for about 25 minutes outside of the freezer. After the ice cream is softened take 1/3 of the ice cream and put it into a bowl and put the quart of vanilla ice cream back in the freezer. Add yellow food coloring to the ice cream in the bowl until the desired shade is obtained. Mix well.
- Take your orange sherbet out of the freezer to allow it to start softening.
- Get your mason jars, clear plastic cups, or glass drinking glasses and spoon yellow ice cream into the bottoms, filling the cups about 1/3 full. Smooth out the top as evenly as you can. Wipe down the inside of the cups with a paper towel to remove ice cream streaks. Place your cups in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to let the yellow layer harden a little.
- Take your vanilla ice cream out of the freezer again to allow it to start softening.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and carefully spoon in the orange sherbet now, filling the cups about 2/3 full, and again, smoothing out the top. Wipe the excess on the inside of the cups with a paper towel. Place the cups back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and add the final layer of vanilla ice cream, filling the cups within 1/2 inch from the top of the cup. Smooth out the tops again.
Have you ever heard of the term “vampire loads,” when talking about electric? DelmarvaLife’s Sydney Whitfield recently hung out with our friends from Delaware Electric Cooperative to find out how you can prevent “vampire loads” and save yourself some money.
Hardwood flooring is beautiful, but how do you keep it looking as beautiful as it was the day it was installed in your home? 102.5 WBOC’s Corey Phoebus stopped by Value Carpet One in Salisbury to find out the proper maintenance and do’s and don’ts that comes with hardwood flooring.
WBOC Mid-Shore Bureau Chief, Amy Lu, stops by the studio to tell us about what’s lurking in the night in Easton, Md. There are ghost tours happening all across Delmarva and to find out about them, be sure to tune in to “Scary Sights” tonight on WBOC News at 10 pm on FOX 21.
Tomorrow, Oct. 31, is Halloween! Check out trick-or-treat dates and times for Delmarva here.
Today, Oct. 30, is the last day to enter our Disney Live ticket giveaway! Winners will be announced weekdays on DelmarvaLife at 5 pm until Oct. 31. Enter for your chance to win a family four-pack of tickets here.
It’s not every day you get the chance to win a brand new roof for your home. It’s all thanks to Spicer Bros. Construction‘s Delmarva’s Neediest Roof Contest. Nominations can be made from Oct. 2-Oct. 31. The voting period will be Nov. 6-Nov. 26 and the winner will be announced on Dec. 1 on DelmarvaLife. Spicer Bros. will actually be giving away two roofs instead of just one this year. There will be two separate winners – one from DE/MD and one from VA. Enter here.