Today on DelmarvaLife:
Sean is painting a masterpiece in Historic Studio D today! Brenda Jackson, owner of Tickled Paint ARTworks joins us to tell us all about a paint party. Brenda says you can have a paint party at their studio located in the Mill Pond Shopping Center in Salisbury, Md. or they can come to you and you can have a paint party at your home, office, or garage. They also have couples paint parties, baby and bridal shower parties, and a paint party just for kids. Learn more here.
Mary Seeman and Leonora Dillion with the Salisbury Zoo tell us about some upcoming events that the zoo is having. Their Halloween Happening event is Oct. 22 from 1 pm-4 pm and tickets are on sale now at a discounted price. It’s for children 10-years-old and under. There will be Halloween games, hay bale maze, and a costume contest. Find a schedule of events here.
Mauria Stein, owner of Stuart Kingston in Rehoboth Beach, shows off beads, rugs, car mats, gems, and engagement rings. Stuart Kingston was originally an auction house and it has evolved into a retail facility, but does still remains a full service auction house. Mauria also tells us about a Charles Shultz comic strip that auctioned off for $17,000.
Chef Stephanie Wampole is back in the DelmarvaLife kitchen! Today we’re making acorn squash stuffed with apples and walnuts.
-1 small-medium squash (acorn, butternut, or even pumpkin!)
– 1.5 cup diced apples (golden delicious or other firm flesh apple)
– 1/2 cup walnuts
-1/3 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 Tbs butter
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp each salt and pepper
– olive oil
-preheat oven to 375
– cut squash in half and clean out seeds fibrous center
-drizzle flesh with olive oil, salt, and pepper and place face down on foil lined baking sheet
– roast until skin can be easily pricked with fork or tooth pick and flesh is soft. (Approx 30 mins)
– while squash cooks, melt butter and brown sugar together in sauce pan
– add in apples and walnuts and cook until apples are just barely softened
– when squash has finished cooking and is slightly cooled, turn over and place apple filling inside where the seeds and fibers used to be and top with cinnamon
– return to oven to cook for 10 mins or until apples are softened and walnuts are toasted.
Can also top with blue cheese crumbles or add in ground turkey to apple mixture for a heartier meal
It’s not every day you get the chance to win a brand new roof for your home. It’s all thanks to Spicer Brothers Construction‘s Delmarva’s Neediest Roof Contest. The winner will receive a new Gaf Limited Lifetime Roofing System. Enter here.
If you’re playing in our High School Football Showdown, be sure to get your picks in and keep checking the leader board to see where you rank among the competition. If you haven’t registered to play yet, it’s not too late! Enter here. Each correct prediction accumulates points and the highest scoring player will have the chance to win a trophy delivered to you by WBOC Sports Director, Matt Pencek, in Chopper 16.
Hope you enjoy the show!
Request tickets to the show
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to our YouTube channel