Today on DelmarvaLife –
A grocery store where old fashioned charm meets necessities that are new. Since 1937, Simmons Market in Cambridge, has been a family owned and operated spot, where shoppers find a variety of quality products and top notch customer service. As the holidays round the corner – it’s the place to find the specialty items that make meals extra special. Katie takes us inside.
As the holidays approach, there’s so much to safely experience across Delmarva – yes, even during a global pandemic. One of those events takes place tomorrow, in the beautiful town of Berlin. We talk with Berlin’s Director of Economic and Community Development, Ivy Wells about “Second Friday in Berlin.”
It’s one of those announcements we wait for all year long – who will perform at the Delaware State Fair? The announcement has come! We talk with Assistant General Manager and Director of Marketing, Danny Aguilar, about who we can look forward to seeing at the 2021 Delaware State Fair.
A lot of famous people have come from Delmarva – but as we all know, fame is fleeting. Most are forgotten as generations pass by. One of those is a preacher’s kid from Georgetown, who, as a young reporter, distinguished himself by covering the civil war. We take you back to 2004, when our friend Charles Paparella researched the life and times of “Gath” Townsend.
We virtually visit the one, the only, Chef Stewart Davis of Flannery’s Bayou and BBQ in Fruitland. He’s showing us how to make Roux.
This recipe was said to be made for a king, who loved it so much, he put it on the hotel menu the very next day! Chicken a la King in a Hurry is easy, “pea-sy” and perfect for those weeknight dinners. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chunked cooked chicken (about 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute mushrooms 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add soup, milk, salt, pepper, and chicken; mix well and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until hot.
- Stir in peas and pimientos and continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes, or until warmed through.
Serve over warm cooked egg noodles or buttermilk biscuits. Wanna make your own biscuits? Try our easy recipe!
Remember, the time to vote in the Spicer Bros. Construction 9th Annual Delmarva’s Neediest Roof Contest is now! You have until November 27th to go online, read submissions and vote. To vote, click here.