What’s Happening Today – Nov. 6, 2017
Today on DelmarvaLife:
It was a year ago this week that Amillion the Poet performed for us for the first time. A lot has happened in that year. We’ll catch up with the Dover performer, and hear about some exciting new projects he’s working on right now. Amillion will also perform his original hit, “Keep On Moving,” on the Mid South Audio Stage.
You’ve probably seen the Jeopardy! Clue Crew as they travel the world, searching for clues for everyone’s favorite game show. Clue Crew member Kelly Miyahara stops by Historic Studio D. She tells us why Delmarva is an important stop on her journey to find answers.
Wellness Chef Joyce Nichols shows us how to whip up a couple of dishes that not only taste good, but they’re good for you, too. Today, she’s making chocolate avocado mousse, winter salad with an orange twist, and a ginger mocktail.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 cup of Greek Coconut (or other non dairy) yogurt
- ¼ cup of 100% Cocoa (or Cacao)
- ¼ cup of Agave nectar or 100% maple syrup
- 1 avocado pitted
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and whip until smooth and creamy. That simple!
- ¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon zested ginger
- 9 drops stevia
- 18 ounces sparkling water
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and stir
- Pour over ice into 2 cocktail glasses and garnish with lime wedges
For the dressing…
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons almond yogurt
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the salad…
- 1 large bunch spinach
- 3 oranges
- 1/2 pomegranate arils
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- To make dressing, one at a time, whisk zest, juice, vinegar, mustard, and buttermilk into olive oil. Add shallots, rosemary, and sea salt. Set aside while you prepare salad.
- Cut very top and bottom off of oranges. Carefully slice off peel, removing white pith while sparing as much flesh as possible. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Pour most of the dressing over the spinach; turn with fingers to coat.
- Spread spinach on a large platter and tuck oranges throughout. Scatter with pomegranate arils and red onions. Finish with a final drizzle of dressing, a scattering of rosemary leaves, a pinch of sea salt, and several twists fresh pepper.
We’re also talking real estate today. Maybe you’re searching for a place by the ocean, but you’re not sure you can afford it. DelmarvaLife’s Sydney Whitfield stops by Dockside Properties in Chincoteague Island, where the team there can help you find seaside living within your reach.
We also have another list of “Most Wanted Monday” from the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office. If you recognized anyone featured on today’s list and call in a tip to Crime Solvers of the Lower Eastern Shore, it could mean money in your pocket.
You have until November 26 to vote for two finalists in Spicer Bros. Construction‘s Delmarva’s Neediest Roof contest. There will be one finalist from Maryland or Delaware, and one from Virginia’s Eastern Shore. The two winners will receive a new, GAF Limited Lifetime Roofing System, and will be announced December 1 on DelmarvaLife. Vote here.