Today on DelmarvaLife –
It’s a sight that never gets old — children seeing their military parents after a long separation. Today, we’ll talk to Salisbury Mayor Jake Day about being reunited with his daughters after a 10-month deployment overseas.
This week, we celebrate and thank our nurses for their many sacrifices, and for their courage. Sarah Arnett and Ray Fulkrod of TidalHealth Peninsula Regional will join us to talk about National Nurses Week!
Lisa Bryant stops by Vernon Powell in Salisbury, where they have so many perfect Mother’s Day gifts, the hard part is narrowing down the choices!
Katie Zarrilli visits Avery Hall Insurance to tell us about an incredible referral program that could net you some serious cash!
It’s Throwback Thursday, so we’re learning about the legacy that some of Delmarva’s baseball players have taken with them into the Hall of Fame!
The tents are up, the arts and crafts are unpacked, and music is once again filling the inlet parking lot in Ocean City! Springfest ’21 is in full swing! We’ll take you there for a tour!
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen,
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen potato and onion pierogies, cooked according to package directions, using the boil method
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, combine chicken broth, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and pepper. Whisk 4 to 6 minutes or until smooth. Gently stir the pierogies into the mixture and pour into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with bacon and scallions; serve immediately.
Change it Up!
- One of the great things about our Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is that you’ve got a ton of options! You can change up the cheese, or the pierogis! Mix and match and have fun with it!
- Speaking of pierogies, you can get your own Mr. Food Test Kitchen 48-Piece Old World Pierogis and they freeze for up to six months!
- Would you like to see a step-by-step, with photos, of how this easy bake comes together? Just click here!