What’s Happening Today, May 5th, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
A 12-year-old Pittsville boy has started his own YouTube show. We meet Ethan McCoy and learn about how his love for the outdoors turned into “DeepBlueC.”
If you want to turn your outdoor space into a place where dreams are made of, then Bella Terra Lanscapes is the spot you want to check out.
We take a trip to Faith Baptist School in Salisbury to learn about their faith-based program.
It’s Cinco de Mayo. We celebrate with a visit to Zoca Mexican Restaurant, in Bethany, to see how they put together fresh guac and a Margarita.
Our favorite go-to snack is cheesy, easy, and has just enough crisp to satisfy. That’s right! Our Crispy Cheddar Bites mix up with your favorite cheddar cheese, some crispy rice cereal, and a secret ingredient that gives it just enough pep. They bake up in less than 15 minutes, and you can keep them for a few weeks. They’re an anytime snack, that’s also perfect when you’re on-the-go!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, slightly packed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed. Form mixture into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten slightly using the palm of your hand or the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an air tight container for up to a couple of weeks.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more yummy snacks that are sure to satisfy your cravings, try our Award-Winning Popcorn, these flavor-packed Java Nuts, or these 5-star Fried Cheese Curds!
- Looking for cheesy appetizers to impress the guests? Set out our Cheesy Baked Party Dip, or if you want something with a little more zest, try our Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip!