Today on DelmarvaLife –
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Professor, Brad Hudson and UMES’ Dr. Elvin Hernandez join us to talk about the upcoming Awesome Con and how it will benefit sequential art students from the school.
Working together to ensure all communities on Delmarva have equal access to personalized healthcare. That’s the purpose of the REACH project. The interim Chief Nurse Executive and Vice President of Population Health at TidalHealth, Dr. Kathryn Fiddler talks about how this grant will benefit everyone on Delmarva.
A Decade of DelmarvaLife – We revisit the time Jimmy’s wife, Carol, joined us in the DelmarvaLife Kitchen to make “Chaffles.”
The Eastern Shore Corvette Club brings a few sweet rides to the WBOC parking lot to rev up excitement for their 25th annual car show this Saturday.
Shrimp and grits has been a breakfast staple in Southern kitchens for a long time, but, over the years, word has spread across the country about how amazing this dish is. Now, folks are enjoying Southern Shrimp and Grits almost everywhere! With lots of creamy, cheesy goodness and flavor-packed shrimp…it’s hard to resist!
What You’ll Need
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup old-fashioned grits
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined medium-sized uncooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil; stir in grits and salt, cover, and cook 15 minutes, or until thickened. Reduce heat to low, add cheese, and stir until melted.
- Heat drippings in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic to skillet. Saute 3 minutes, or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice, hot sauce, and scallions and heat 1 minute.
- Spoon grits into a bowl, top with shrimp mixture, and sprinkle with bacon.
Check This Out!
- If you’re a fan of these shrimp and grits, then you’ll want to check out our collection of Good Ol’ Southern Breakfast Recipes for even more tasty ideas!
- We’ve got more amazing shrimp recipes you’ll love in our collection of Easy Shrimp Recipes for Every Occasion.
- Plus don’t miss our favorite Summer Seafood Recipes!