Today on DelmarvaLife –
Development in Dorchester County that’s on the path to becoming another dynamic destination. We’re taking you to a place in the City of Cambridge that sat vacant for decades, but now, new life for what will known as the packing house.
We’re kickin’ it with Conway today. WBOC Meteorologist, John Conway is the newest kid on the block in the Storm Tracker Weather Center. We get to know him better.
A feast for mom as we approach Mother’s Day weekend. You can find it all at the Shrimp Boat in West Ocean City. Today, the crew is highlighting Clams Casino.
A strong business contributes to a strong community. It’s just good business practice. Since 1925, Avery Hall Insurance has made that practice part of its core values. We learn about the Avery Hall Cares program and its latest beneficiary, The Bryan Allen Stephenson School of Excellence.
Holy cannoli! You’re definitely going to include Nonna’s Cannoli Poke Cake into your dessert line-up, ’cause it’s got all the flavor of one of your favorite Italian pastries, but in a party-sized cake form!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add batter and bake according to package directions; let cool.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes about 1 inch apart all over top of cake. Reserve 2 tablespoons condensed milk in a small bowl; pour remainder over top of cake and into holes.
- In a large bowl, beat mascarpone, ricotta cheese, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar and reserved condensed milk until smooth. Spread frosting evenly over top of cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate cake 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- If you love this Italian-inspired cake, then you’ll love what we’ve got in our collection of Easy Italian Desserts, too!