What’s Happening Today – May 3, 2017
Today on DelmarvaLife:
If you attended summer camp as a child, you probably have some great memories such as singing camp songs, being around the campfire, and enjoying the great outdoors. Unfortunately, not all kids get to experience summer camp. However, it does not have to be that way. President of the Eastern Shore Police Association, Robin Roberts, Deputy First Class, Jake Rideout with the Caroline County Sheriff’s Office, and K9 Officer Mattis, join us to tell us more about Camp ESPA. The camp helps under-priviledged or at risk children on the Peninsula.
Hats for Hospice is an annual preakness party that raises money for Coastal Hospice. Maureen McNeill of Coastal Hospice and Alan Merritt-Hyle from Vernon Powell Shoes joins us in the studio to tell us more about the event. The event is Sat., May 20 at Hamilton Fox Farm in Salisbury, Md. from 4 pm-8 pm.
The Live for Chocolate event is this weekend! Owner of Sweet Serenity Chocolates, Rachel Benjamin, and Co-Chair of the event, Sharon Harrington, joins us in Historic Studio D to talk about their upcoming event. The event is Friday, May 5 beginning at 5 pm and is free to the public. Here is the schedule of events:
- Scavenger Hunt – 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- High Heel Race – 7:00 pm at High Street near City Hall
- Duck Dip – 8:00 pm at Gateway Park
- Pink Walk – 8:15 pm beginning at Gateway Park and walking to Pine Street
- Reception & Door Prizes – 8:30 pm under the tent at the corner of Spring and High Streets
- Complimentary Hors D’oeuvres – 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm at City Hall and Linda Vista Real Estate