Today on DelmarvaLife –
Keeping folks fifty plus active, independ, and healthy. That’s what Worcester 50 Plus Centers are all about. We learn more about how they’re offering life-changing opportunities to individuals all over the area.
It might seem like a foreign concept, but we’re exploring the power of vulnerability. Beth Anne Langrell of For All Seasons Behavioral Health and Rape Crisis Center of Easton tells us why it’s actually a sign of strength.
We learn about a new program at TidalHealth called RISE, which stands for Resilience in Stressful Events. It is a hospital-based program that provides peer-to-peer support to caregivers experiencing trauma that provides caregivers the support they need.
Kitties and bunnies are in the spotlight in today’s Pet Connect.
Great views and smoke shows. We’re taking you to the Lookout Lounge, in Ocean City, to show you how you can have a dining experience like you’ve never had before.
This is the perfect coleslaw recipe to bring to a family shindig or backyard bash, ’cause it goes along with everything! Summer’s Best Slaw features the delicious combo of a sweet and savory dressing and crunchy, flavorful summer peppers.
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, celery, bell peppers, and jalapeno pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Italian dressing and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved; pour over coleslaw mixture, tossing to coat completely.