What’s Happening Today – May 26, 2016
Today on DelmarvaLife:
Sean is sitting in for Jimmy today, who kicked off his Memorial Day weekend a bit early!
- Sean shows us a clever idea for your beach towels, to help you stay organized at the beach. He’s sewing pockets — yes, Sean knows how to sew — on beach towels that allow you to store items like your cell phone, keys, a book. It’s so cool!
- We’re learning about Beach Goes Blue, hosted by the Rehoboth Beach – Dewey Beach Chamber of Commerce. It’s a way to celebrate all things blue!
- Our friends at About Faces Day Spa & Salon “school” us on sunscreen. There are so many options when it comes to lotions, creams, sprays and mists. We’re digging in deep to learn what works best to protect your skin, plus how to get a natural looking tan without stepping into the harmful rays!
- There’s nothing quite like opening the windows on a beautiful Spring day and letting fresh air infiltrate the house. There are so many possibilities when it comes to windows. From the glass to the grid and everything in between, our friends from Window World of Delmarva help simplify the process of picking out which windows work best for you.
- Professional Chef Charles Oppman stops by the DelmarvaLife kitchen for the first time! He’s making dinner and a French dessert! If you listen closely, you may even get to hear Lisa speak French!
- Chef Oppman is no stranger to the culinary world. Just take a look at all he’s accomplished:
- 1983, Culinary School, New Orleans.
- 1983-1986, Pastry Sous Chef, Inter-Continental Hotel, New Orleans
- 1986-1989, Pastry Sous Chef, Willard Inter-Continental Hotel, Washington D.C.
- 1992-2006, Chef/Owner Café Marianna, Alexandria, VA. A full service property serving New Orleans, French, Asian, Latino and other cuisines as well as European style pastries.
- 2009-2011, Restaurant reviewer for Old Town Crier newspaper, Alexandria, VA.
- 2011-Published book, “Accidental Chef.” This book is window into the under belly of real world of professional cooking; substance abuse, sexual exploitation, hellish working conditions… It also addresses current issues such as food sustainability and sourcing, rights and abuses of farm animals as well as how climate change affects food production.
2011-Present, Conduct culinary classes at local libraries in Bethany Beach, DE.
Today, he’s making Sautéed Flounder Filets Almandine and Crêpes. You’ll find the recipes below.