Today on DelmarvaLife –
The Jellyfish Festival is next month in Ocean City. We sit with co-founder, Brad Hoffman to find out what you can expect at this party at the beach.
Katie makes a stop at Fishy Biz in Frankford where you can find everything from reef aquariums to ponds.
Love is in the air at The Estate at Plantation Ridge. 102.5 WBOC’s Leah Rizzo takes us to this amazing venue perfect for any celebration or a weekend away.
Jupiter is just one of the sweet pups looking for a new home on National Rescue Dog Day. We feature other pets in Pet Connect.
Our Crispy Avocado Wedges are a summer-fresh way to enjoy something crispy-crunchy. They’re also a healthier alternative to french fries. Serve them with our homemade cilantro dipping sauce and you’ve got yourself a tasty snack (or side dish) that can’t be beat!
What You’ll Need
- CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- AVOCADO FRIES
- 4 firm avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- In a blender, combine Cilantro Dipping Sauce ingredients; pulse until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, place avocado slices and drizzle with lime juice; toss gently.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk eggs and water. In a third shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and paprika; mix well.
- Dip each avocado slice in flour mixture, egg mixture, and bread crumb mixture, coating evenly on all sides. Place on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Serve with Cilantro Dipping Sauce.
Looking for more great ideas using fruits and veggies? Visit www.freshdelmonte.com.