Today on DelmarvaLife –
The storm of 1933 changed the Delmarva peninsula forever. We talk with two filmmakers who found a unique way to tell the story of the storm with the film, Hurricane Six.
It’s Throwback Thursday. “Secrets of the Eastern Shore” Author, Jim Duffy, talks about the several attempts to built a bridge across the Indian River Inlet.
Chad Pavlekovich from Salisbury Middle School tells us about the upcoming Great STEM+ Expo happening at the school May 21st.
Wicomico County Public Schools now has a Hotline to assist students and families who may lack fixed, regular, or adequate housing. We learn more about the Hotline and how it connects parents and students with resources.
This summer, everyone is looking forward to family gatherings, cookouts, and outdoor fun in the backyard. but, nobody wants to invite pests to the parties. 102.5 WBOC’s Leah Rizzo finds out how you can keep your home free of ants, mosquitoes, termites, and more with Taylor Termite and Pest Control.
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won’t tell if you don’t!).
What You’ll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Place a slice of cheese over each chicken breast, spoon 2 tablespoons pesto over cheese, and top each with a tomato slice. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over top.
- Cover skillet and heat 2 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and cheese is melted.
If you’ve got an extra 5 minutes or so and would like to make your own pesto sauce, check out our recipe for Fresh Pesto Sauce!