Today on DelmarvaLife –
Assisting young burn victims with the impact of their injuries and doing so through an environment that’s both safe and supportive. That’s the goal of the Delaware Burn Camp. We hear about this place where folks have found true healing.
A mission to honor a Broadway legend’s legacy through offering leadership opportunities in theatre. We meet the Delaware man behind the Rebecca Luker Theatrical Partnership and hear how it’s already making a difference.
How about getting your hands on fresh food for the summer season. It’s possible thanks to the many farmers’ markets all over the state of Delaware. We stop by the Rehoboth Farmers’ Market to talk with Kathy Jackson with the Delaware Department of Agriculture and to see what’s in season.
Kathy Jackson with the Delaware Department of Agriculture joins us in the DelmarvaLife Kitchen to show us how to put together a Strawberry Rhubarb pie with produce she picked up at the Rehoboth Farmers’ Market.
It’s Most Wanted Monday. Captain Tim Robinson with the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office has a new list of fugitives he wants behind bars.
Different regions of the country have their own way of making baked beans. This recipe for Southern Baked Beans is cooked up Southern-style, which means that it’s flavored with classic ingredients that add just a bit of sweetness.
What You’ll Need
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until beans are bubbly and sauce has thickened.
Here’s a way to turn our franks and beans into a tasty and hearty soup we call Beanie Weenie Soup!