Today on DelmarvaLife –
We have a heartwarming story about a local teen who is on the road to recovery from a tragic snowboarding accident, and how you can support him.
We talk to TidalHealth to get some answers to the question you might have regarding the COVID vaccine for kids.
If you want to keep your feet fit and healthy, you should make sure they get some extra love and attention. Thomas Podiatry shows us how!
DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrili sat down with Mindy Allen Townsend of A&A Companies to talk about the shortage of skilled workers.
How about a snack that’s been in the making for 17 years. It’s not coming from your cupboard; it’s coming out of the ground! Crispy, crunchy cicadas!
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen,
Looking for a fresh and colorful way to stand out at the big summer potluck? Our Chilled Stacked Salad is an easy, make-ahead, layered salad that is perfect for fun-in-the-sun entertaining. The crisp ingredients and creamy textures layered on top of each other create a dance of flavor you’ll want to be a part of. Basically, we know that once you start stacking, you’ll never want to stop!
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl (see Note), layer half the lettuce, then half the bell pepper, onion, corn, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more, then top with bacon bits.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Toss just before serving.
- Since this salad is a real show stopper and looks so colorful, make sure you serve it in a glass bowl so you can show off all the colors.
- Refreshing salads are always welcome! Why not try our Best Ever Tuna Pasta Salad?
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.