What’s Happening Today – March 30, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’ve spent the last year trying to heavily emphasize the good that’s come out of the COVID-19 pandemic. Groups coming together to feed hungry families on Delmarva tops that list – families that may have never thought they’d be in this situation. Even with the glimmer of hope that the pandemic might soon subside, the need for help remains. Today at 5pm, we highlight another effort to lend a hand – the Food Bank of Delaware‘s upcoming mobile food pantries.
It’s springtime, and the Possum Point Players, in Georgetown, are inviting you outside! They’re opening the 2021 theater season on their new outdoor stage in the sunshine, and under the stars. Click here for ticket information.
The town of Ocean City is planting pollinator gardens, but they need help. We learn more about them, find out why they’re so important, and hear how you can start a garden of your own.
Remember the days of a mouthful of goop as your dentist tried to take an impression? We have some “goop” news! Dr. Leigh Auchey shows us how Delmarva Dental Services, in Salisbury, is taking a bite out of the discomfort with digital imaging.
We’ll help your fashion sense stand out this spring season. We’re off to Vernon Powell, in Salisbury, where you – and everyone in the family – will find just what you need to be the talk of the town.
We’re also playing backup for the Easter Bunny. He has a huge weekend ahead of him. We’re off to World of Toys, in Berlin, to share a few ideas that’ll help the bunny fill those baskets to the brim.
The warmer weather, the budding trees, the anticipation that better days are ahead — They aren’t the only factors that can make you feel good right now. We’ll share a few more when we highlight “All That is Good” from the month of March.
The crew in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen helps you add bold flavors to your deviled eggs, with bacon and horseradish. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ground horseradish, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 pinch salt
What to Do
- Place eggs in a large saucepan with enough water to just cover them. Bring to a boil, then remove saucepan from heat, cover, and let sit 15 minutes.
- Drain hot water then run cold water over eggs. Add ice cubes to water and let eggs cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel eggs, slice in half lengthwise, and remove egg yolks to a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Fill egg white halves with yolk mixture. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.