What’s Happening Today – March 3, 2017
Today on DelmarvaLife:
The Wicomico Youth and Civic Center is going to be “hopping” this weekend. The First State Rabbit and Cavy Club Rabbit Show will be in town. Melissa Deitrich is the founding member of the First State Rabbit and Cavy Club and joins us in the studio to tell us all about the upcoming event on March 4 starting at 9 am.
We’ve got lots of furry friends up for adoption in today’s Pet Connect. Check out the cats and dogs up for adoption here.
The band Waverunner from Newark, Del. is performing for the first time on the Mid South Audio Stage today. Their music style is described as “new wave pop” and they say Hanson and Michael Jackson are their biggest influences. They’re performing two originals – “Say You Love Me” and “The Night’s Young.”
We’re in the kitchen with Gray Reeves from Southgate Grill making cuban sandwiches.
– Hoagie Roll
– 1 Tablespoons of Spicy Mustard
– 4 Slices of Baked Ham Thinly Sliced (about 4oz)
– 4oz of Slow Roasted Pulled Pork
– 4 Slices of Dill Pickle
– Swiss Cheese 2 Slices
– 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
– Heat skillet or griddle to Medium High (about 350 – 375 degrees)
– While the griddle is heating prepare your ingredients. Cut slices of cheese in half. Cut the roll lengthwise. Brush the cut sides with melted butter. Place the insides of the roll face down on grill surface, brush outside with butter.
– Place Ham and Pork on grill to heat.
– While meats are heating, flip bread.
– Spread spicy mustard onto both pieces of bread.
– Layer Swiss cheese onto both pieces of bread.
– Remove both pieces of roll onto work surface.
– Place pickle slices onto bottom piece of bread.
– Layer ham slices on top of pickles.
– Place pork on top of ham.
– Complete by placing top half of roll on to sandwich.
– Return sandwich to grill surface.
– Press with grill weight until cheese is melted, outside is golden browned and crispy.