What’s Happening Today – March 29, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
You only need faith the size of a mustard seed. Today at 5pm, we show you how that faith can flourish. We share the story of a Millsboro woman’s tremendous tomato plant. Find out why, she says, her “little sprout” is a message from God.
Frankie and Cole Moran are the father/son duo that makes up, “Blind Wind.” The two have been busy rubbing elbows with names like Trace Adkins and Blues Traveler. We check in with Frankie and Cole to hear more about their recent success. We’ll also hear them perform, “Hour and a Half.”
Former bassist with “Bad Company,” Paul Cullen, has appeared on DelmarvaLife multiple times. He, along with Grain on the Rocks Chef Jess Wallen, are partnering for the inaugural Duos Chef Dinner Series. It takes place on Sunday, April 11th, 2021.
We share this week’s list of Most Wanted Monday. Find out how your anonymous tip to Crime Solvers could lead to a boost in your bank account.
We’re off to Cape Charles, to virtually visit our friends at Ambrogia Caffé & Enoteca. They give us a peek of their sausage-making skills, and show us how they incorporate it into their magnificent meals.
We also share the perfect recipe for your Easter menu. Howard, in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen, shows us how to whip up a Strawberry-Lemonade Cake.
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, gelatin mix, strawberries, eggs, oil, and water, 2 to 3 minutes or until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make frosting, in a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Slowly beat in 2 cups sugar at a time, alternating with lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Stir in lemon zest.
- Place one cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top. Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.