What’s Happening Today – March 27, 2017
Today on DelmarvaLife:
Baby Merrick was born 15 weeks early. Merrick’s family has fought and it has not been easy, but now Merrick is on the road to a healthy life and will hopefully be heading home from the hospital next month. Kevin and Kristie Hudson, Merrick’s parents, join us in the DelmarvaLife studio today to share their story and talk about an upcoming fundraiser to benefit their family. Donate to Baby Merrick’s GoFundMe here.
Jules Kypreos of Bethany Beach designed luxury hand bags and they recently were featured at the Oscars. DelmarvaLife’s Maxine Bentzel chatted with the once chemist Jules to see why she took a leap of faith to design handbags, and how she is helping to inspire others in the area.
Chef Nick Schlegel with Smokin’ BBQ Grille in Salisbury joins us in the DelmarvaLife kitchen to make a BBQ Burnt Ends Sandwich.
BBQ Burnt Ends Sandwich
- Trim fat off of brisket
- Use a BBQ Rub over entire brisket
- Cook for 12 hours at 230 degrees.
- When Brisket reaches 205 degrees it will be done.
- Let rest for 20 minutes then slice and serve.
- Cut the part of the brisket that is called the point into 1″ cubes.
- Place in hot skillet with your favorite BBQ sauce for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then serve
Enter now for your chance to win a family four-pack of tickets to see Disney On Ice Passport to Adventure at the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center. Winners will be selected daily and will be announced on DelmarvaLife. Enter here.