Today on DelmarvaLife –
If you are looking to get the COVID-19 vaccination, the time to act is now. We connect with TidalHealth explain why, and walk you through the steps so you can make an appointment.
The crew at Delmarva Dental Services is teaching us how early to focus on little one’s dental hygiene and why that’ll strengthen their smile in the future.
The start of spring means beautiful blooms are popping up. Gardening Expert, Ginny Rosenkranz from the University of Maryland Extension Office joins us to talk about caring for our spring bulbs.
We meet a high school junior with a true talent and passion for creating dipped strawberry confections.
A 2019 study found that 1 in 7 Americans personally used CBD products. One Salisbury man liked the results so much, he set out with two partners to create a better CBD product. We hear the story of “Canna Persona.”
There are so many similar side dish recipes out there, it can be hard to find one that stands apart. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with this 20-minute easy Fiesta Rice Skillet! The black beans and fresh salsa give it a bold flavor that’ll get the fiesta started in your mouth. The great thing about this side dish is that you can serve it up with a roasted chicken or for taco Tuesday. No matter how you eat it, you just can’t go wrong.
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Stir in onion and cook 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and continue to cook until rice begins to brown. Add chicken broth; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in black beans, corn, salsa, and cumin; cook another 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cilantro and serve.
So Many Options:
- When it comes to the rice, we think a dish like this is best with a long grain white rice, however, if you want a bit more flavor, try making this with Jasmine or Basmati rice.
- This is the perfect side to go with our Royal Roasted Chicken or this Balsamic Flank Steak.
- Rice is super versatile. If you like it as a side dish, you’ll love it as a dessert. Check out Our Best Rice Pudding Recipes!