What’s Happening Today – March 22, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
The DelmarvaLife team is back in studio today – all together for the first time in more than a year. We hope you join the party!
We learn about an adult fitness program that can help you on your wellness journey every step of the way. From moving more, to the menu, hear how the team at TidalHealth can provide you with the “umph” you might need.
The beautiful weather has more people enjoying the great outdoors. While you’re out and about, you might see someone who is on the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office‘s Most Wanted Monday list. Find out how your watchful eye could lead to some extra spending cash.
A film by Mardela Springs native, and now LA filmmaker, Eric Walter, will be one of several Ocean City Film Festival winners shown at a drive-in theater set up at the Ocean City Inlet. We chat with Eric about his film, his career, and the opportunity to shine in front of a hometown crowd.
WBOC Sports Director Zach Parnes stops by to make a light dish that will hit you just right during this warmer weather – Corn & Black Bean Salad.
The team in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen shows us how to put together a Spring Fling Layered Cake!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (19.6-ounce) box frozen coconut layer cake
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 1 (19.6-ounce) box frozen lemon layer cake
Spring Fling Layered Cake Instructions
- Cut coconut cake into 7 slices. Place in a single layer in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, covering the bottom of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine half the whipped topping and the raspberries; gently stir until well combined. Spread mixture evenly over coconut cake.
- Cut lemon cake into 7 slices. Place slices in a single layer over raspberry mixture. Evenly spread remaining whipped topping over lemon cake layer. Freeze until ready to serve. Let sit 10 minutes, then cut into squares.