What’s Happening Today — June 25, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
A classic flower with gorgeous blooms and endless color. All across Delmarva, hydrangeas are in full bloom. Best of all, these gorgeous flowers will last into the fall season. We talk with Gardening Expert, Ginny Rosenkrantz, on how to properly care for hydrangeas.
One of the best things about Delmarva is all the talented people who dwell here. From musicians to performers to artists’, there’s no shortage of creativity here. One local artist, Brad Hudson, has done work for Star Wars, Marvel, Topps and Upper Deck. Today, we’re talking with him to find out about his upcoming show.
As gatherings are starting again, it’s time to think about event planning. What makes an event perfect? A great guest list, good food, good music, but most importantly – a great venue. Well, we have just the one…getting ready to go up at Bayside in Selbyville. Katie Zarilli gives us a sneak peek of a new clubhouse, Signatures at Bayside.
For some basketball is more than a game. In some cases, it can be the very thing that unites a community – gives them an escape from the outside world and fills young hearts with hope. That’s the case for Dover High School, when the team had its sights on the State Championship Title this year. Today, we talk with Telemundo and WBOC Reporter, Jose Cuevas, about an upcoming special on the team.
We are taking a virtual visit to France today. La Baguette is here and they’re making Pan Bagnat (a specialty chicken sandwich) and Black Forest Paris Brest (a creamy, chocolate pastry). Guaranteed to make you say oui, oui!
We have a classic dish, perfect for those summer barbecues and potlucks, but with a bit of a twist. Our recipe for Secret Ingredient Potato Salad is good that we don’t even know the secret. Just kidding….the secret is red potatoes. So toss aside those regular potato salad recipes and try ours. Perfectly creamy and delicious! Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 4 pounds red potatoes with skin, washed and cut into medium chunks
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup seasoned original flavor rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine onion, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add warm potatoes to bowl and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, cilantro, and mayonnaise; mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.