What’s Happening Today — June 22, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
There’s been many things that have had to adapt to COVID life including, the housing market. Both sides of the housing market have been affected by the pandemic. We talk with Loan Officer, Dan Premo, with “The Premo Team at Meridian Bank” to find out what that means for you if you’re in the market to buy or sell.
At the start of COVID, we spoke with the team at the Blood Bank of Delmarva to hear about the critical need for blood. As we ease back into a “normal” way of life, the need for blood is still there and there’s an opportunity to fill that need this week. Communications Specialist with the Blood Bank of Delmarva, Tony Prado, joins us to talk about a blood drive happening in Ocean City and what precautions they’re taking. To schedule an appointment, click here or call 1-888-8-BLOOD-8.
We’ve all been cooped up inside during the pandemic, and Rehoboth Beach has been using that time to bring some color into the town. Thanks to Rehoboth in Bloom, there are flowers all over town to welcome back guests for the summer. We talk with Founder of Rehoboth in Bloom, Cindy Lovett, to find out about the groups mission and how to get involved.
One of Delmarva’s treasures and a perfect summertime spot is Cape Henlopen State Park. There’s much to do and much to see. However, behind the scenes there’s a group of volunteers who work hard to protect and conserve the park. We talk with President of “Friends of Cape Henlopen State Park“, John Bracco, and Vice President, Ian Friedland, to find how they preserve this beautiful state park and we’re checking in on some of the wildlife. To check in on the ospreys, click here.
Today, we’re drawing inspiration from the ice cream truck. Remember those days? You’d be outside playing, hear the ice cream truck coming up the street and the next thing you know you have an orange creamsicle in your hands. Well, it’s not ice cream, but it’s pretty close. Our recipe for Orange Cream Bars are gonna want to make you bake up a batch, relive those ice cream truck days and share with all of your friends. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1 (4-serving-size) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Orange sprinkles or orange sugar crystals for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil; beat with an electric mixer until dough forms. Stir in white chocolate chips. Press dough evenly into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out dry; let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating 1 minute, or until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake, then garnish with sprinkles. Cut into bars and serve.