Today on DelmarvaLife –
It’s the final chapter for Fruitland Police Chief Brian Swafford. Day two of his retirement, and we’re still putting him to work, when we ask him to look back on his 15-year career in public service.
You might think you know everything there is to know about donuts, but we’re sharing some fascinating facts that might take you by surprise. We sit down with Capt. Matt Trantham, with the Salvation Army of the Lower Eastern Shore, to hear why this circular sweet treat is a huge deal in our country’s history.
Free, family fun, wine for the adults, and a sunny backdrop – It’s like the recipe for the perfect day. We have details on Arts Day at the Winery, and explain how it will benefit the Art League of Ocean City.
We get a look at some of the fun you can have this summer at the Freeman Arts Pavilion, in Selbyville. Plenty of good times are up for grabs!
The good vibes continue, when we take a few minutes to celebrate, “All That is Good.”
Throwback Thursday! Author of Secrets of the Eastern Shore, Jim Duffy, drops in to highlight the summer season of days gone by.
What You’ll Need
- 1 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup refrigerated lemonade
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 refrigerated bagels, split apart
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
What to Do
- In a resealable plastic bag or shallow dish, combine 1 cup yogurt, lemonade, mint, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well. To marinate chicken, add chicken to the bag, turning to coat completely; seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to cook.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup yogurt, cucumber, garlic powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper; mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add marinated chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and is golden on outside. Discard excess marinade.
- Toast bagels; place lettuce, tomato, and chicken on bottom half of each bagel. Place a spoonful of cucumber sauce on chicken and cover with bagel top. Serve immediately.