What’s Happening Today – June 13, 2018
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Dr. Suni Jani with Community Behavioral Health helps us understand suicide and gives us some insight on how we can help prevent someone from becoming the next victim. If you need someone to talk to, you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. There are also resources on Delmarva that can help those going through a hard time. The Life Crisis Center in Salisbury has counselors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The number to call to reach one of those counselors is 410-749-4357.
The sky is where you’ll find all of the excitement in Ocean City this weekend at the Ocean City Air Show. We get the rundown on all that takes flight, including where you can find the best seats in the house for all of the action.
We’re showing you how you can make your grounds turn your neighbors green with envy. From landscaping to hard-scaping, even lighting designs that don’t put a drain on your energy bill, find out how easy it’s done with Fancy Cutz.
And we’re looking forward to stepping into the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen this afternoon. Yoga Instructor and Vegan, Kelcie Mahr, shows us how to put vegan twists on two popular dishes:
Stuffed Mushrooms and Chick’n & Waffles. You’ll find the recipes below. Enjoy!
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms
- 2 14 ounce cans hearts of palm , drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon kelp granules (*see note for sub)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 2 Tbsp fresh-cut)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper , to taste (note the sodium in Old Bay)
- 1/2 cup green onion , sliced thin (green part only)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs , + more for topping
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of unsweetened soy milk
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 package of Gardein scallopini
- 2 cups of flour in a bowl
- 2 cups of milk in a bowl