What’s Happening Today — June 1, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
A small town girl with a big town dream. Shannon Murray knew from a young age that she wanted to become an actress and that’s what she has done. She stars as Nora Phoenix in the feature firm, “Rag Doll”, now streaming on Amazon Prime. We talk with Shannon to find out what it was like to star in a movie and what’s next for her.
It’s June 1st which practically means that it’s summer. We can think of no better way y to celebrate summer than by celebrating summer in Crisfield. Think of all the sunsets, the crabs, or the boat rides that await. We talk with Buddy Ward, President of the Crisfield Chamber of Commerce, to discuss all the happenings in Crisfield and he gives us some insight on the future of the Hard Crab Derby.
Over the weekend, the SpaceX Dragon Capsule launched, making it the first time in nearly a decade that a privately built and owned spacecraft launched from American soil. We talk with Jack Clemons of Lewes, a retired engineer who was in mission control as Apollo came back to Earth, to discuss how astronauts occupy their time on the International Space Station and why this launch is so important moving ahead in spaceflight history.
In order to live your best life, you have to feel your best self. Physical therapy can be a big part of that. With locations in both Maryland and Delaware, our friends at Novacare are committed to helping you do just that. DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarilli, spoke with two physical therapists to find out about some of their programs and how they continue to exercise precaution.
We love good ole’ fashioned comfort food here on DelmarvaLife and today we a Chef who is making just that! Chef Von Combs of Ablazing Grace is making Deep Fried Baby Back Ribs.
Did you know that June is Dairy Month? We salute the hard-working dairy farmers who keep the stores stocked. We’re celebrating the first day of the month with a creamy quiche. Our Dairy Farm Quiche will become a breakfast favorite in your house, just wait until you try it! Check out the recipe below.
What You’ll Need
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 10-inch quiche pan or 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Flute edges and prick bottom and sides of dough randomly with fork. Bake 8 minutes then remove from oven; set aside. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir in Italian cheese blend and sundried tomatoes. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center of quiche is set. Let sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.